COVID-19 UPDATED POLICIES:
At Georgia Power, we continue to monitor the COVID-19
situation and the response of our state and local officials. Our top priority
is still the safety and wellbeing of our customers and employees, and we
continue to take action to curtail the spread of the virus in our local
Georgia Power’s campgrounds at Lake Oconee (Lawrence
Shoals, Parks Ferry and Old Salem) and Lake Harding (Blanton Creek) remain open for outdoor
recreation at this time. Day use amenities including playgrounds, pavilions,
and beaches within those campgrounds remain closed. Social distancing and group
size guidelines will be strictly enforced, and anyone violating those
guidelines will be asked to leave the facilities. To cancel or change existing
reservations, please call 855-607-6462 or visit www.gplakes.com.
Day use and boat ramp areas remain open at most other
Georgia Power locations statewide (playgrounds, pavilions, and restrooms within
those areas remain closed). Visitors must limit gatherings to fewer than
10 people and adhere to social distancing. State and local law enforcement
officers will assist in ensuring compliance with these requirements, and
facilities may be closed entirely if issues arise.
GPC Camping/Day Use Policies
- Overnight Parking Reservations may be made 45 days in advance of your arrival date.
- Campsite occupancy is limited to 14 nights. Campers using the site for 14 nights will be requested to vacate the park for a period of at least 4 days.
- The maximum reservation window is 45 days plus 14 days in the future if customers book a maximum length of stay reservation (14 nights) 45 days in advance.
- Overnight Parking Fee includes the use of Day Use Facilities during regular hours.
- A separate Overnight Parking Fee will be charged for each sleeping facility (includes car-truck-van) that remains in the park overnight.
- Campsite occupancy is limited to 8 people per site.
- Please place tents, truck campers, motor homes, trailers, etc., on prepared gravel camp pads or driveways to avoid damaging grassed areas.
- Camping between designated sites is prohibited.
- Please attach your receipt to the clip on the numbered campsite post at your campsite.
- Lantern hangers should be used for lanterns. Please do not hang lanterns from trees.
- Fires should be confined to grills or fire rings and attended at all times. Dead trees or limbs on the ground may be collected for firewood.
- Do not wash dishes or clothes at drinking faucets or in comfort station sinks.
- Washers and Dryers are provided.
- You RV’s holding tank should be used for sewage and grey water. A sanitary disposal station is provided in the park for your use.
- Please keep your site clean by placing trash in trach cans or trash dumpsters where available.
- Please keep buildings and grounds clean and report any unsatisfactory conditions to the park host/s.
- All parks will be open 7 days a week (Holiday and Fall Hours may vary).
- Monday – Thursday & Sunday.
- Gate Hours: 7:00AM-10:00pm
- Annual Day use parking pass is available for $50.00.
- Campers with self-contained units are charged a $30.00 (RV site) parking fee per sleeping facility per night plus a non-refundable $5.00 reservation fee (per reservation, not per night).
- One additional RV may be placed on an RV site for an additional $30.00 (where available).
- One additional tent may be placed on an RV site for an additional $25.00.
- Primitive Tent Campers are charged a $25.00 parking fee per sleeping facility per night plus a non-refundable $5.00 reservation fee (per reservation, not per night).
- One additional tent may be placed on a tent site for an additional $25.00.
- Weekly rates are Tents $150.00 / RV’s $180.00 (No other discounts apply) plus a non-refundable reservation fee (per reservation, not per night).
- Date or site changes to campsites may be made online or via telephone. The customer will be charged $10.00 for making a change.
- Cancellations to campsites may be made online or via telephone. The customer will be charged $10.00 for cancelling their reservation and refunded the balance of their transaction less the reservation fee.
- Golden Age-Golden Access Passports are honored at a $2.00 per night savings. For further information on these Passports, call the U.S. Forest Service in Eatonton, GA at 706-485-7110.
Pavilions may be reserved at any of the Georgia Power Recreation Areas - Blanton Creek, Lawrence Shoals, Old Salem, Parks Ferry, Lloyd Shoals and Rocky Creek - for a fee. Some rules that concern pavilion reservations and pavilion use are as follows:
- Groups wanting to reserve the pavilion must have at least 30 people in attendance.
- The fee for reserving the pavilion is $150.00 plus a non-refundable $5.00 reservation fee (per reservation, not per day).
- Date or site changes to pavilion reservations may be made online or via telephone. The customer will be charged $10.00 for making a change.
- Cancellations to pavilion reservations may be made online or via telephone. The customer will be charged $10.00 for cancelling their reservation and refunded the balance of their transaction less the reservation fee.
- Pavilion reservation cancellations must be requested a minimum of 30 days prior to reserved date in order for fees to be refunded.
- Group should leave the pavilion area clean for others who may use the facility.
- A five dollar ($5.00) parking fee will be charged for EACH vehicle entering the park - this is in addition to the pavilion reservation fee.
- Individuals using the pavilion will not be allowed to have loud speakers, loud radios or loud music at the pavilion or picnic area. Park visitors who do not adhere to this rule will be asked to leave the park.
- The service road leading up to the pavilion should not be used without prior approval from the Park Attendants.
- Georgia Power Company prohibits any alcoholic beverages inside the Park.
Tables should not be moved around without prior approval from the Park Manager or Park Attendant.
For a reservation to be held, the reservation fee must be paid at time the pavilion is reserved.
Pavilions CAN NOT BE USED WITHOUT RESERVATIONS
To make reservations at any of Georgia Power Company's facilities go online to www.GPLakes.com or call 855-607-6462
- Blanton Creek
- Lawrence Shoals
- Old Salem
- Parks Ferry
- Lloyd Shoals
- Rocky Creek